This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Copy Data Files to another MachForm License

1. conceive

I have MF 3.3 running on two separate licenses and separate servers. And I have a couple forms that were created on one license that I need to move to the server using the other license.

1. Can I just copy the data folder for the forms I need to move and upload them to the other server -- and it will work the same? I know the new db will be empty, but just wondering if the form will still work under the other license and start writing records to the new db?

2. IMPORTANT! -- I plan to upgrade BOTH to v3.4 so I'm curious if I should try moving the forms BEFORE I upgrade the licenses or AFTER I upgrade them?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

1) Copying the data folder won't work. At this moment you can only copy the entire machform (which includes all forms) to your other instance and it will remove any forms on your second installation.

To do this, simply copy over the data folder and the backend mysql database (you can use phpMyAdmin export/import tool for this).

We're looking forward to add the functionality to export/import your forms.

2) This one actually doesn't really matter but it will be easier to do it AFTER.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. conceive

thx yuniar I will try it the way you said...

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic