This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Create an order form

1. andreamarucci

Hello I'd like to create an order form for three items, each one having his price, his size and his cost. I'm a little confused on how to proceed and if MachForm can manage such a situation. The user can buy just one of these items or maybe one or more for each one.

Can someone explain me how to create such a form and which fields to use?

Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. andreamarucci

No one can help?

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. williamansley

@andreamarucci: Your question is rather confusingly worded. I'm going to guess that you want to create a form that lists three items, along with the cost for a single item of that type. You would like to allow the user to specify the quantity for each item that they want to buy and have the form display the total cost for that quantity of that item, as well as the total cost for all the items of all three types that the user wants to buy.

I'll use an example to try to make this clearer. The form will list:

Item A: $1
    Item B: $5
    Item C: $10

If the user specifies that he or she wants to buy one of item A, then the form will display "$1" near the field for item A and a total cost of $1. Then, if the user specifies that he or she also wants to buy 3 of item C, the form will display "$30" near the field for item C and a total cost of $31.

If this is what you want to do, then Machform cannot do it - it does not have the ability to do calculations on numeric fields. The best you can do is use a multiple choice or drop down menu field with a selection for multiples of each item, from 1 to some arbitrary upper limit, lets say 10 of each item.

If I have completely misinterpreted what you are asking, the please respond with a more detailed description of what you are trying to do. If you would like me to go into more detail about using my suggestion on using multiple choice or drop down menu fields, please let me know.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. andreamarucci

Thanks will, you made the point. Surely Machform can't do that...

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. williamansley

@andreamarucci: Now Machform CAN do calculations on numeric fields. The post below may be helpful in setting up such a form:

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/payment-form-with-check-boxes-and-quantity-fields-lined-up?replies=1

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic