This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Credit Card Number & Validation & Calendar Question

1. sjones

Hi: Trying to design a form for hotel reservations. Tested out the online version and it seems to handle almost everying we need except for the two following scenarios:

1. If I use calendar fields and have an arrival date for one and the departure date for another, is there any way to calculate the number of days and place it on the form?

2. Is there any way to deal with taking customer's credit card number and expiry date. We do not actually process the card, it is just to guarantee the room. I believe there is also some mathematical formula to verify that the credit card number is legit (as far as the numbering sequence goes).

Thank you

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. keithdouglas

Re: Q2. You can find the algorithms if you google credit card validation

http://www.beachnet.com/~hstiles/cardtype.html

Only verifies that the card numbers meet the check algorithm

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. yuniar

sjones -- I'm afraid MachForm doesn't support those features. You will need to add your own code to do so.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. WmShrewsbury

How might I add code (such as the above) to handle this before they leave the form?

Wm

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. WmShrewsbury

6. tmparisi

Thanks, WmShrewsbury!

sJones: As WmShrewsbury posted above, I have written a small tutorial on this message board to accomplish CC validation (mod-10). Hope you find it helpful!

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic