This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Credit Card Number Too Long

1. sjones

Hello: On my form I have a field for credit card number. Most CC numbers are 16 digits. When we receive the email after submit the card number is always truncated eg.
    4.55121001913161e+015. If go into to the table, I can retreive the full number, but the person who gets the emails does not have access to the table. Also expiry date has to be put in as a text field because of the slash (/) between month and year.

Is it possible for some future version to have Credit Card info as a pre-defined field with spacing for card number and date, all on one line?

Thank you.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Thank you for your suggestion.

Predefined credit card field is indeed needed by most people, so we'll definitely take a look into this and figure out the best way to do it.

At this moment, I suggest to use a simple text field for your credit card number, if you don't want to have the exponential formatting.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. sjones

Thanks for quick reply Yuniar.

If you wish to make a complete credit card field, perhaps I can make a few suggestions.

The field for the number must be 16 digits (I don't think there are any cards with more numbers than that).
    The expiry date should be mm/yy or mm/yyyy format with the "/" in between.
    Nowdays there is a 3 or 4 digit number on the back of most cards that is also required. I believe it is call a cvv code. It should have a separate box.

To make it really nice, you could have radio buttons to select the type of card, but it is not that important.

Thankyou again for your great support.

Steve

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. gulli1

Hi,

If i may, I would like to suggest that the field would automatically change a few things when American Express is selected. American Express has 15 digits, and the CVV is 4 digits.
    Any idea when will you come up with this addition? I can't imagine that it's too much work.
    Thanks.

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. sjones

Yes gulli1, I made an error on my above post. I meant to say the field for the number must work upto 16 digits. I know Amex are less and have a funny feeling that Discover might be less as well. Also, the cvv code may be on the FRONT or BACK of the credit card, depending on the card. Not just on the back like I originally said.

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic