This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

CSS not recognised

1. KJdJ

Today I installed Machform and it looked like it was working fine. I made my first form and when I viewed it it seems there is no formatting at all. Like it is not recognizing the CSS file.

In the control panel I can choose to edit the CSS and there the CSS file looks fine, I can edit it whatever I want and save it but the form still is the same, no formatting.

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hmm.. try to set the permission of your data folder and all files under that folder to 777.

If the problem persist. Can I login to your MachForm panel to check this?
    Mail me the login info please. Send to: yuniar [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. KJdJ

That works! The data folder offcourse has the 777 permissions but it seems like the permissions of the automatically generated view.css file are not set correctly. therefore visitors does not have read rights.

Can this be a setting of the webserver we use (which is not-dedicated so we cannot make changes in that)?

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Normally, MachForm attempt to set the permission of the generated css file (view.css) to be readable. However, depends on your hosting policy, they might have different rule on this.

It really depends on how they run the PHP and how they set the permission for folder/files created by PHP script.

I suggest to contact your hosting admin to clarify.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic