This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Customize Buttons/Fields

1. jimario

Hi, I searched and couldn't find questions regarding how to customize the fields and the buttons. For example, I'd like to have my fields be of certain height/width and also have a border color and background color. For my button, I'd like to use images I've created rather than the default buttons. Is this possible?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

It's possible, however you will need to have some knowledge with CSS.
    Each form is having its own CSS, you can modify it to adjust the fields height/width and other styling.

For the submit button, edit your includes/view-functions.php file. On line 1581 you will find this code:

<input id="saveForm" class="button_text" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />

replace that line with this one:

<input id="saveForm" class="button_text" type="image" name="submit" value="Submit" src="http://www.example.com/images/submit.gif"/>

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. jimario

Yuniar, you're the best. Thank you for taking the time to provide an answer.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. jimario

Looks like this code has caused a problem. It succeeds in changing the button, however it creates an error at the top of the page:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/e/r/i/ericjgriffin/html/machform/includes/view-functions.php:1) in /home/content/e/r/i/ericjgriffin/html/machform/view.php on line 67

and it causes the header box with the MachForm logo in it to become much taller. I copied and pasted your code exactly and modified the url to my image accordingly. Is there anything that can be done to solve the issue?

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Actually, that seems to be text editor problem. There is an extra character at the beginning of view-functions.php file.

What editor did you use?

Try to edit the original file again using another text editor. At least try it with WordPad, not Notepad.

Even better if you could use source code editor such as Notepad Plus http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/

If it still doesn't work, please send me your file.
    Mail to: yuniar [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. jimario

that did the trick. notpad++ is great! Thanks again Yuniar.

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic