This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

delay in form loading

1. susanfw

Do you have any suggestions on how to prevent the slight delay in the forms loading on the page? Here is an example of one of four forms on this site:
    http://www.schalldepo.com/contact.htm
    When viewing the form directly from MachForm it appears immediately.

Thanks
    Susan

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I think it's probably because
    1) The form's loading in an iFrame and/or
    2) The form's generated from a database, not a static HTML page with the form on it.
    3) This delay you experience may not be the same for everyone - it might be because of your internet connection or some other factor outside your control.

Looking at the site you gave as example, I find no really noticeable load time delay of the form, therefore I don't think it's much to worry about, however there could be differences between various users' internet connections, and my experience may differ from the next person.

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. susanfw

Thank you for responding. I realized yesterday that the delay was occurring when I used the javascript code for the adjustable iframe. When the pages opened, it showed the iframe closed, and then took a noticeable time to open to full size. I ended up getting rid of the adjustable iframe script and making some adaptions to minimize the empty space at the bottom of the forms. I got rid of the individual error descriptions and just left the colored error guidelines, and got rid of the first line of the error title. I would have preferred to have the adjustable iframe, but the delay was too noticeable. I was going to see if there was a way for it to open to a minimum size, but haven't had a chance yet.

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic