This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Delay on Sumbit

1. ryanpowell

I have a client site that started noticing duplicate form submissions coming in and no success message being displayed upon hitting submit. I tested the form which seems to work correctly with the exception of the success message taking up to a minute to show up. I'm guessing people are hitting the submit message over and over due to the long delay in feedback which must explain the duplicate entries. Once the success message shows up the form submits without issue. Any help to resolve would be appreciated. You can view the form here: http://wiremonkeys.com/contact/

I currently have the form set to send to my email account over the clients if you need to test.

Thank you for the help.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

@ryanpowell

Had the form been working reasonably well in the past, and is this only a recent problem?

I see what you mean, that is absolutely crawling.......I have reasonably fast broadband (ASDL2) in Australia and this was not the usual speed (slow) I would expect. I will say that additionally, http://www.wiredmonkeys.com itself took a long time to load (at least 30 seconds) and not just the form submission.

When I tried testing this form, it went to a blank screen and eventually the "success" message showed up. Please delete the test message.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. ryanpowell

Thanks for taking a look @AMurray. Yes, the form used to submit right away. Honestly the site was built a few years ago and I haven't had to do anything for them in a good while. They had someone add in some SEO so I wouldn't be surprised if they messed something up. Don't know what it could be though since the form technically works its just stalling for a good minute upon submission. Wanted to reach out here before diving into the site code incase it was a known issue.

If I find a solution I'll be sure the add an update.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Try to disable the email notification for your form and see if that could make any difference. They delay might be coming from the script trying to connect to the mail agent (or SMTP server). If this is the case, you might need to contact your hosting tech support and ask them to check into the server.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic