This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Deleted element and previus entries would not display

1. jboris

I had a form with entries and had to remove an element of a checkbox which reduced the number of elements from 6 to 5. I got a warning that the data for that element would be lost. I didn't care but when I went to review the entries all I got back was the SQL and the element I had removed was still there. I tried to add it back in but it didn't work. So I had to recreate the form.

Did I do the wrong thing?

I tried to delete the field entirely and renter it but it would just show me a message
    Deleting Field please wait.

But never changed it just sat there. I could navigate off of the page and it let me do other things. It was like it really wasn't doing anything

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hmm.. it seems there is some glitch with your MySQL.
    What version is your MySQL?

Is it possible for me to login to your MachForm?

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. jboris

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MySQL connection id is 493
    Server version: 5.0.45 Source distribution

Sorry but this is on a private network.

I have a similar problem.
    I copied a good form and people are entering data. When I went to look at the entries I get this:

select id,id as row_num,date_created,element_1_1,element_1_2,element_7,element_8_1,element_8_2,element_8_3,element_8_4,element_8_5,element_10 from ap_form_4 order by id desc LIMIT 0,15 Query failed: Unknown column 'element_10' in 'field list'

When I copies the form I edited it, changed some text and deleted some fields. It seems something is not getting updated when you delete a field.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. jboris

Okay I found the problem and corrected it manually. When you delete fields from a saved form and your number of fields is reduced the records for that form in the table ap_column_preferences does not get saved properly.
    I had 10 fields on my form. I copied this to a new form and then deleted the fields I wanted to delete and also changed some info in some of the fields (labels, number of choices etc). The 10th field was in ap_column_preferences as element_10. This was never deleted when I deleted the field from the form.

The form is working now. I will add this to your bug report.

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Ahh.. I see.

Sorry for this issue.
    This one was a bug with early release of version 2.

I'm impressed that you have figured out the manual fix with ap_column_preferences.

To permanently fix this, please download the latest version of MachForm from your customer area and update the following files:
    - includes/post-functions.php
    - delete_element.php
    - delete_element_option.php

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. jboris

Hi,
    It seems my password and anything else will not work in the customer area to download the fix. I keep asking for a password but nothing shows up. I am assuming that the forum password and usernames are diffeent then the customer area?

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. yuniar

I think I've replied to your email address, along with your username and password.
    Didn't you get it?

Try to check your spam folder, in case it goes there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic