This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Deleting more then one entry at a time?

1. sweepseeker

Is there any way to delete more then one entry at a time?

I have a sweepstakes and it is always going to I only need the one form up but it seems that it wants me to delete only one entry at a time. I need to delete over 500 of them.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

have you upgraded to version 2?

it allows you to delete multiple entry at once. or even delete all your entry.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. aolmos

Good morning,

I have two problems.

1) I have more than 6,000 entries and download begin to be slow. How could I delete them _without loosing the entry number_? I can't start again with #1, 2, 3

2) I don't know why, but the entry number the server sends by e-mail and saves in the database is not the same that is written in the CSV file. Maybe the database got corrupt when I deleted 2 entries, as the decalage is 2. How could I fix this?

Angel

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Hi Angel,

What version of MachForm are you currently using?
    Check your changelog.txt file, look into the bottom.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. aolmos

Hi!

===============================
    VERSION 2.1.b - 13 November 2008
    ===============================
    * Bugfix: .htaccess file caused error on some server.

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Ok, so actually those number differences aren't bug. The number being sent to your email is your true entry id, while the one being shown when you export the entries are just a simple sequential numbers.

If you need to display the actual id number when exporting the entries, do this modification:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/exporting-the-actual-id-rather-than-a-row-number?replies=3

Also, it is okay to delete all those entries. Your last entry id number will be maintained.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  7. aolmos

Hi!

I changed that, and solved the problem of different ID numbers, but when I deleted all entries the new ones started again with 1!. How could I set and ID for new ID records? Now my customers are getting wrong ID numbers and that is a mess! :-(

Angel

Posted 14 years ago #
  8. yuniar

That's weird. The record ID shouldn't be cleared.

To set a new ID, you will need run a simple SQL code.
    Open your PhpMyAdmin, go to your machform database and run this query:

ALTER TABLE ap_form_x AUTO_INCREMENT = 1000;

adjust the 'x' with your form number and change the 1000 with your preferred id number start.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic