This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

delimiter

1. joehomps

When I first installed the program, the form data shows "-" as the delimiter. I reinstalled the program again due to an unexpected reason. Now the form data shows no delimiter at all. How can I set the delimiter? Can I set it to ":" instead of "-"? I need the delimiter for th processing by another program.

Thanks,

Joe

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Are you using version 2 now?

As of version 2, email is using HTML format as the default.
    If you need to use the old plain text option, simply edit your email preference.

Go to Emails setting and check the "Send emails in simple text format" checkbox.

That should set your email to the old format.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. joehomps

After changing the setting to "simple text format", I tested the form submission and got this error message:

Error sending email: Could not instantiate mail function.
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mpsgroup/public_html/cessiac/Form/includes/helper-functions.php:482) in /home/mpsgroup/public_html/cessiac/Form/confirm_embed.php on line 36

Please help!

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. joehomps

I did change the helper-functions.php taking away the "Powered by MachForm" text for the email.

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. yuniar

From the error message "Error sending email: Could not instantiate mail function."
    It seems there is mail problem there.

Are you upgrading from previous version or did a fresh install of version 2?

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. joehomps

Without any changes, the program started working again today. Not sure what is going on. I bought the program just a couple weeks ago. I assume it is the most uodated version. How can I view the version number?

Thanks,

Joe

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Hmm.. one possibility, sendmail service on your server was down during that moment.

to check your version, open your changelog.txt file and see at the bottom.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic