This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Deposit Payment Option

1. jonk

I'm trying to figure out how to add an option for a payment where the total of all options selected by the client is given but the client could decide to pay just the deposit.

An example would be the client fills out the form and selects Product 1 for $1,000 and Product 2 for $750 totaling $1,750. The total shown is $1750 and that amount is reflected in the contract they sign, however prior to reaching the payment screen they could select an option to pay just the deposit for services for $500, pay the full amount, or pay any desired amount.

Clearly this isn't directly available via an option, but is there a workaround of some kind? Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. jonk

Checking in, can there be any help on this issue?

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. acquire

It's somewhat of a clumsy hack, but could you do a 50% off coupon and make the person have to type in "deposit" into the coupon code field. Doesnt really help with other partial payments though...

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Unfortunately, there is no way to do a partial payment. The only thing possible is to use coupon code as mentioned by acquire above.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. webcat

I have V4 and can not even "Find" the Coupon option??? where is it please? lol
    I also could not find any documentation?

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. AMurray
    Pro Member

@webcat, it's in the Payment section (From the Form Manager list click the "Payment" option for the particular form), The option you're asking about is "Enable Discount". (the red-coloured pane).

Click the "Enable Discount" and then specify your coupon/discount code(s) that you then give to your customers. You need to 'associate' the code(s) with a field, (single line text box only) in your form (e.g. labelled such as "Enter Discount Code").

The Payment settings do have tool tips for each option explaining what they do but you are right, the documentation does not yet seem up to date for V4,

Check out the demo first, http://www.appnitro.com/demo/, and try the Payment options.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. webcat

you know what??? though my settings area shows that I have V4....my admin panel does NOT appear to be updated to look like that. It's strange, because honestly, when I FIRST upgraded, it DID show those options, I remember now, but they seem to have Magically disappeared??? what do I do Appnitro????

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. AMurray
    Pro Member

@webcat,

Strange they first came up but not longer; my suggestion may not work but please try anyway - I am guessing you need to clear your browser cache if you don't see V4 features you're expecting. Then refresh the browser/page (F5 button) and that should bring up the new features.

Reason being, is that some files (java-script and such) files may be cached on your hard drive and not re-loaded from the web server MF is hosted on.

Clearing the cache and doing a refresh should reload all the required files and V4 should then work as expected.

If that doesn't work, suggest logging a help ticket with Appnitro directly - http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic