This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Detecting and Hiding PNG Support in CSS?

1. samerbazzi

I have one CSS issue in the CSS File, Basically Firefox complains about the PNG File Function, is thier a way in the CSS file to detect and only show this in IE?

I have the browser detection code but I am not sure if it is allowed or standard to put this in the CSS file?

This seems to be the only compliance issue I have in Fire Fox.

Let me know if this is possible and again, thank you for the amazing support!@

-Sam

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. yuniar

What complains from Firefox are you referring to?

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. samerbazzi

its the IE PNG support, its no problem, I want to keep it in there, but how do I hide it from firefox, how do I add conditional comments in the CSS file, is this possible?

-Sam

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Firefox should ignore those code already, so there is no need to do further hacks.
    I'm wondering, what error message exactly are you getting from Firefox? I don't see any error or warning so far.

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. samerbazzi

Warning: Unknown property 'behavior'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: http://....com/form-lead-management/data/form_3/css/view.css
    Line: 86

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. samerbazzi

Let me know please.

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Sorry, but I'm afraid it won't be possible to have conditional property within the CSS. Are you using Firebug to get that warning?

I think by default Firebug won't display any Javascript warning (most normal users won't have this either) so you can safely ignore this warning. Since this is not an error which would stop the Javascript execution.

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. samerbazzi

okie, no problem, thank you,

-Sam

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic