This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Disable all past dates error

1. freeze2

When selecting the option to disable all past dates I get the following error when trying to submit the form:

[This date field must be between Mar 16, 2012 and Nov 30, -0001.]

Any help would be great...maybe I'm missing a step...not sure

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

This is a bug

I get the same error because of this Nov 30, -0001 (wherever this is coming from) is not a valid date for the script to check the validity of the dates against. I suspect this will always fail (and in my testing, I can't get the form to submit, even with correct dates entered because it is trying to test that the date is less than November 30 -0001, a validation test which it will never pass).

I would think that a simpler validation test would be to check that with disabled past dates, no date entered is less than the current date, and same with future dates disabled, that no date is higher than the current date, but I don't know why it is telling us the date has to be between one and another.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Thank you for the report guys, this is indeed a bug and a fix has been made. Apparently, this only affect certain servers.
    We'll be releasing a minor update within the next few days (which contain bugfix for this and several others).

If anyone need the fix immediately, please contact us directly and we'll send you the fix for this particular case.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic