This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Display AND Require Hidden Field if Checkbox Selected

1. conceive

I have a form with hidden fields that are only shown if the user makes a specific selection.

Can I make one of these hidden field not only display [but also required] when the user clicks a selection?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. DaveVoss

Yes.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. conceive

Ok, thx. I had already tried it. But what happens is the field that's required will not hide like I want it to.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. williamansley

You should be able to use logic to hide a required field, which should no longer act as a required field as long as it is hidden, but it should become required again if it is displayed by the logic in the form. There seem to be some bugs in Machform 3.4 related to using logic to hide and display required fields, and you may have encountered one. Please provide more detail on exactly what is happening and, if possible, a link to an example form that displays the problem.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. conceive

Ok, yes it works BUT I did find a bug. Sorry, can't post the actual form - [too sensitive]

- I have three fields [all are required] as follows:

Subscribe? [yes or no - not hidden]
    Same email address? [yes or no - hidden]
    Enter new email address [hidden]

It works fine UNLESS the user clicks no for the second field, which reveals the third field [email address - required].
    Once this field is revealed, it will not hide again if the user changes their mind and decides to use the email address entered before.

Does this make sense? :]

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. williamansley

It sounds as if you have found a bug. I would suggest you contact Appnitro support directly using the contact form, below, if you haven't already done so. This way, you can be sure they will see your report of this issue as soon as possible, and they can help you directly by sending you patched files, if necessary, and so on.

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. conceive

:] thx my friend.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic