This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Do Mobile/Responsive forms work with a Google Nexus 7 tablet?

1. Steve1951

I have tested a form using v3.4 and it looks the same on a full sized computer as it does on my Google Nexus 7 tablet. Am I missing something.

The URL is http://www.schuckman-test.com/machform/view.php?id=1652

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Most mobile phones have a device-width of 480px or lower, such as the iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S, etc.
    Hence we're targeting those devices.

If you are using device larger than that, such as the iPad or Google Nexus 7, MachForm will simply zoom your form and display it in full width (in previous versions you will need to zoom the form manually), because most tablets are capable to display the form in full size.

However, if you prefer to use the mobile-friendly forms for tablets as well, it's pretty easy to do so.
    Simply edit your "machform/view.mobile.css" file. Go into the first line for this code:

@media only screen and (max-width : 480px) {

simply change it to become:

@media only screen and (max-width : 1024px) {

That should display the mobile-friendly forms for mobile phones and tablets.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Steve1951

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. mypaintboy

Is there a way to by-pass mobile friendly? I'm not loving it in my mobile app. An option in system set-up or even better at the form level would be great.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. yuniar

If you don't want mobile-friendly at all, simply delete the whole content of "view.mobile.css" file.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. chinuba

Hi

I am testing the site on Samsung GS3. There is no difference from the desktop.
    I am running v3.4.

I must be doing something wrong..

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. zforray

chinuba - I had the same issue and it seems something on your website (as was on mine - but have not figured out what) is blocking whatever detection method machforms uses to determine it is a mobile device. Try viewing the form without a page that embeds the form - as in when you are in for forms management and click on "view form"

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. nigelp

None of my forms seem to be showing a mobile view either? I have reset the CSS to 1024px and not seeing a mobile view even when I go to the forms directly with a link?

Anyone had any luck with this or found a fix?

Nigel

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Steve1951

Are you are using the PHP embed method? If yes, there is a bug that causes the mobile version to not function properly. Yuniar has a fix for this.

Obviously I didn't read you post very well since you stated you tried it with a direct link and it still doesn't work.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic