This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Don't want a file in the database MYSQL

1. marcoland

Every uploaded file is automatically stored in the MYSQL database, but I don't want that.
    Is it possible to turn it off? Do I have to clear the path: ./data?

Sending the file as an attachement is enough.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. mehdi101

Hi
    something I found a bout mach form in my quest to find an answer .
    When I installed the mach form on togetapartment.com, set the data directory to 777, then start making forms for every state, I made 13 forms, but I was not happy with 777 access at all for security reason , so change the data directory access to 755 made total of 50 forms for every state. and i forgot about changing the access directory to 755. Every thing wet smoothly forms sent email to the email that i provide in admin section of the form "Emails". Then I realize that the form has to send the info to each city agent with email designated for that particular city selection form the drop down field.
    So started digging, found out that after I changed the data directory access to 755 no form was added to data directory and all 50 forms were in data base tables and the mach form worked fine as far as I know. Then start digging little more, found out that every email that sent out the copy is stored also in my squl database, and it get bigger and bigger. So there is now two questions.
    1. If the form works fine without data folder, then why we have one.
    2. I think the email record should be saved on the data directory so the web master can deleted manually or by the cron tab automatically.
    Then again I am not a php programmer, we should wait explanation form the master.

sincerely
    mehdi

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. yuniar

marcoland -- do you mean the whole entries? or just the uploaded files?

mehdi -- the "data" folder is needed when you have file upload fields. All the files are being stored there. While the entries are being stored into the mysql database.

If your webserver configured properly, most likely you won't need to set the folder permission to 777. Changing the permission to 755 should be enough. However, if the webserver is not configured properly, using 755 permission won't work.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. marcoland

Hi Yuniar,

I mean only the uploaded file. The rest of the fields can be stored in the database.

Would like to hear from you.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic