This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Drop Down Fields with Many Choices

1. fasterwebmaster

Hi there,

Just wanted to say that this a great product. It's made it so that our non-coder staff can create the forms they need quickly and easily without waiting on assistance. It's a big time saver. :)

Most of our forms are for our customers. We require that they tell us what site they're located with (there are over 200). This data is collected via drop down field because if we allow them to do free text entry everyone at a certain site would enter the name of their site slightly differently (i.e., University of Virginia Transportation, U of Va Transportation Services, UVA Transportation, etc.). :) Is there a way to import or add a large list of choices to a drop down field without entering them one-by-one? For instance, I've seen a similar form building product that would allow you to enter comma separated or line separated values into one multi-line text field on the form setup side and it would then parse them into the individual drop down choices.

Is there an alternate way to do this in MachForm? Or, is a similar functionality something that could be added to MachForm? I think it would be quite helpful for forms with long lists of drop down options.

Thanks a bunch.
    -Windy

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Sorry, I'm afraid MachForm doesn't have this functionality.
    Which would be very useful indeed!

I'm putting this into our feature request list.
    Thank you for your suggestion.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic