This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Drop form table from DB

1. Giorgio

Hi

If I am not wrong, forms that are deleted in the admin area keep their database table. Is there a way to clean also the database, means drop the form table and all related data in linked tables from the DB? Thanks for your help.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

When one deletes a form, or entry from Machform Admin, the data itself is not actually deleted by default (it remains in the database) but visually, is removed from the form manager / entries manager etc. The reason for this is that too many users were asking for support from Appnitro in recovering records accidentally deleted in previous versions where there was no safeguard.

Introduced in Ver 3.x (I think), there is now a way to choose either to make the system permanently delete records, forms, entries etc from admin forms manager.

Around line 25 in config.php, change the setting below to "true".

define('MF_CONF_TRUE_DELETE',false);

I would use this sparingly as this permanently deletes the record (with no easy recovery). I don't know if this actually also drops the associated table.

The only way to recover would be from a sql dump file e.g. exported from phpMyAdmin which can be imported into the DB to restore the data.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic