This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Dynamic Destination Email question...

1. bjc

Hi,
    not sure if the custom_hooks.php File is the way to go with this...

I have a form where a user selects in one drop down an office for where the form response should be emailed to... ie. Boston. The form logic takes care of emailing the appropriate email address for the form based upon the name from the dropdown.

There is a second drop down on the form that tells what office originated the form entry... ie. Seattle.

I need to figure out how to have the form response emailed to the originating branch as well.

To summarize... I'd like a form response emailed to multiple addresses, all selected with drop downs on the form.

Can anyone suggests if this is doable and how?

Not sure if I'm just missing something but can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Saghalie
    Pro Member

Perhaps use the Notification Settings. From there you can send an email to whomever you want in the "Send notifications to my email box"

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. bjc

Thanks for the suggest Saghalie, but... the notification settings don't give one the ablity to use a variable for any of the destination email addresses, only the From or the Reply to as best I know...

I need to be able to send email to 2 addresses, both derived based upon drop down selections on the form.

Barry

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. he4gaveme

Maybe this helps? Click on the "Logic" tab and then check "Enable Rules to Send Notification Emails". This basically allows you to do everything that you can do using the "Notifications" tab and much more.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic