This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Edit Form Data

1. mig2000

I have created a separate form manager screen that when the user login in, they only see the Entries ICON to access the information. Now, how can I allow the user to edit the data in that screen ? It looks like they only can review, delete or download the records. Again, I do not want them to see the other icons.

Thanks

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

Machform V2 doesn't allow *users* to edit their own submissions. The login to the back end is intended for an "administrator" type person only - at least that's the case for Machform 2.0

In future versions, I believe the multiple user and their ability to edit their own entries/records(for example their contact details for a mailing list) will be available.

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. mig2000

Well, as far as I know there is only one type of user in machfrom system and that is Administrator. I know the user can login into the back end (MySQL) system and make any changes they need however my intention was through machform and based on what you are saying, it can not be done.

Thanks

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. mig2000

I take that back. Based on the demo http://www.appnitro.com/demo/manage_form.php , a record can be edit and deleted. My question is how come I do not have those ICONs?

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. AMurray
    Pro Member

Machform's doesn't allow for multiple Admin type users, so you can't easily customise the back end for specific level of user.

Without seeing what you've done with your installation - you mention a separate form manager screen assuming a second installation of machform(?)), it's hard to answer this question.

If you have a second installation it would be a matter of editing the PHP files, finding the options you don't want visible and somehow disabling them (a simple way is to comment them out using HTML comment tags) rather than outright deleting the code which might give unexpected results or change to the layout.

However, this would work better if Machform was design with multiple users in mind, and it would allow for such issues as this - and set the icons to visible/invisible according to the user's access level.

Multiple users will apparently be in the next release of Machform.

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic