This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Editing exiting submitted forms

1. rscott7706

yuniar,

I and (at least) one other individual would like to be able to edit existing client submitted forms. In my case one of my web owners wants to edit and add information to submitted client forms.

I will have to pay a php coder, but would rather donate to you if you can come up with a quick solution.

Let me know if you have interest, I think this is something that could greatly enhance Machforms.

Ron

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. tmparisi

This can be done with pretty simple PHP code... I am not a PHP programmer and I was able to develope a page to complete this. You basically need to create an HTML page that grabs information from the already existent database (located by a unique identifier, submission#) and displays it. You can then allow the user to edit and resubmit information... this will commit the changes. There is a lot out there, so google is your friend. If you want to see an example I created for my business let me know and I would be glad to share!

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. rscott7706

tmparisi, thanks for your quick response. I am not a php guru, not even a novice. I mess around, reverse engineer, etc.

So if you have some code, I would love it.

I already have created php pages to view and print based on a form I created (http://www.masterliens.com/prelim_lien_form.php). This is the template, I would place fields in appropriate to the data from Machform.

but my big need is php pages to:

1. Allow a user to open a record based on an identifier (id).

2. Allow them to revise/add information to it.

3. Save it.

If you have any sample php in these areas, I usually can reverse engineer to my needs.

Ron

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. tmparisi

Hey Ron, please post your email address and I will send you links to my work.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. rscott7706

Thanks tmparisi!!

rscott7706@mail.com

Ron

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. JamesHeathcote

This feature is essential, would you consider sharing the instructions so we can do the same.

All the best

James

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. zeograz

Tmparisi, I am in dire need of this functionality as well.

Are you able to assist me please as well?

Thank you kindly,
    Mark (zeograz@yahoo.com)

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic