This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Editing the password reminder email

1. raefrench

We need to not have "MachForm" displayed in the subject line and body of the password reminder email that is sent to our Users. Where is the location of that text in the code so that we can remove it?

Best wishes,
    Rae

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. kreativekristi

Go to the form in Manage Forms menu. Click on Notifications, then More Options under email notifications. There you can choose "Custom Name" from drop down box.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. AMurray
    Pro Member

@kreativekristi,

I don't think the setting you mention is for the "Forgot Password" feature, or the "Send Login details to User"

The settings you mention are only for the Form submission confirmation (to user submitting forms) or to the Admin user receiving the submissions) and not the "password reminder" type emails the system can also send e.g. at the Admin log on screen you have a "forgot password" option, and in the Users settings, you can send the additional admin users their login detail - that is what @raefrench is after.

@raefrench

Perhaps in the general "System Settings", go to the Miscellaneous Settings pane, (click advanced options to expand the pane). Set the "System Email From Name" to your desired setting (I think it defaulted to Machform). This may solve your issue, but not sure.

I had a look in the language file, and also in the view_users.php, add_users.php (etc) but can't see anything that resembles the text of that email.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. raefrench

@AMurray Thanks, but that doesn't do it. The System Settings only handles the From name for the email. What I need to have changed is the Subject: line and the body text of the password reminder emails. I've looked through the language files and I couldn't see anything that handled this.

To give you a better idea of what I am referring to, here is the email message that is sent:

Subject: Your new MachForm password

Body: Your password has been reset. Please login to your MachForm admin panel with the new one provided below.

-------------------------------
    New Password: *********
    -------------------------------

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. yuniar

You can edit the "reset_password.php" file for that. Search around line 50 and you'll find it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. raefrench

Thank you. Please consider not putting your name in the text display in your code. Or better yet, create an item for panel name in a language file and write your code to reflect that. That way, we can go to one file and edit it to what we want to display in the panel, emails, etc. for our customers and users.

Best wishes,
    Rae

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic