This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Email Confirmations Not Sending

1. he4gaveme

I have tried normal email confirmations and logic email confirmations and nothing is sending for a particular form after I upgraded to version 4.1. What can I try to do to fix this?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. he4gaveme

I have re-created the form and it appears to be working now....

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. he4gaveme

It appears if I activate pages in the form all email notifications stop sending! I am trying to create a form that can be cash/check or credit card online. In order to do this I have to create at least one page to send the user to the success page. In doing so, all emails do not send.

I await your response.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. AustinWeb

It helps if you setup a mailbox for your forms. Then the form can send out mail just like you would from your computer.

Keep in mind that most hosting providers don't always configure the web server so it can process outbound email. It might be working one week, then stop suddenly when the server gets updated. You also face the problem of having your email provider block the incoming messages if you don't have your DNS records setup with an SPF record. The SPF record identifies servers that are permitted to send email for your domain.

The fastest and most simple solution for form email delivery is to use the SMTP settings (in Settings) and send mail out through your email provider's SMTP server.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic