This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Email from a drop downlist

1. alligande

I have made the modifications to make this work for checkboxes, I have turned on review. When I test it only sends an email to the address specified in the notification area. What have I missed?

Just want to say that I am thrilled with machform, and once we get the multiple emails working it will be perfect. Thanks

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. alligande

I need to add that I want to use multiple email address' for each check box. For example click checkbox A and 1@email.com and 3@email.com will receive the message.

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Mark344

Fairly new to this forum so please bare with me!!

Made all the changes as mentioned and now have a working form using Multiple Choices to fire emails in the right direction, great.

However, I get the Email twice! What should I put in the "Your Email Address' field of the 'Send notification emails to'section?

Cheers
    Mark

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. yuniar

You can insert any "fake" email there, as long it has valid format. You can put something like blah@yourdomain.com (change 'yourdomain.com' with your own domain address of course).

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. riden

Rather than a selection from a multiple choice or drop down, I have an email field that I would like to include as part of receiving the form submissions. I have modified the custom_hooks.php to include a function for the form and its element as outlined previously here.

How would I modify the helper-functions.php to make it work?

Many thanks for a quick solution and response if possible as I have a number of users asking for this capability. And of course, they want it yesterday, not next week.

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. yuniar

riden -- there is no need to do modification for that one. Simply add the email field into your form then go to Email settings page.

Below "Your Users" set the "Send To" dropdown to your email field.
    This would send the copy of the form submission to any email address entered within the form.

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. riden

You misunderstand - the user is submitting an application for a grant. The user should get a receipt and does via Your User, Send To dropdown.

However, once submitted, in addition to the Send Notification emails to list, I need to include on the cc the user's Advisor email address which is specified in a field in the form being submitted.

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Hmm.. I'm not sure if I understand this correctly. Do you mean you would like to send the result of the form to two or more email addresses? If so, simply enter the email addresses, separate them with commas.

If this is not the case, can you let me know the URL to your form please? so I can see and understand it better. You can send it via email: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

You can also send me your custom hook file.

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #
  9. riden

I am getting a message ready to send. Thank you.

Posted 13 years ago #
  10. Lathamkeen

Is this still valid in Machform 3?

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. yuniar

This is no longer valid for v3. You might want to follow this tutorial instead:
    http://www.appnitro.com/doc-dynamic-email

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic