This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Email To Multiple Users

1. teamwebb2008

Everything has been working great! Thanks for all your support.

I do, however, have another question. We have registration forms and I would like to send a copy of the form not only to the applicant, the event coordinator, but also the skater's coach. As I will not know what the coach's email address is until after the skater fills out the form, is there a way to place the {element_2} (coach's email address) in the send sections with a comma after the coordinator's address? I have tried to do this on several occasions, but can't seem to get it to work. I get an error that the email address is not correct. We can have 100's of registrants and I would need to go in to the admin panel, individually search the coach email and submitted it through this manner. It would save a lot of time if I can just use the element field associated with this email address.

Again, thank you so much for a great software package.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. Saghalie
    Pro Member

I think maybe that you could use this http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/send-form-results-to-specific-email-address-based-on-selected-radio-button?replies=5 you would just need to change some stuff in there to make it work for you I believe.

Hope this helps

Saghalie

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. teamwebb2008

That would not work for me as I would not know who the recipient would be until after the form had been filled out. Thanks anyway. Appreciate your help.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

Under the "Your Users" option, you can only choose one recipient to receive the auto-response. while you can have multiple email field types in the form, the Emails section allows you to choose one or other of those options, so in other words, if you have an email field for "coach" and one for "Skater" then you would choose either "coach" or "skater" to be send the auto response.

Under the "You" section of the emails you can put in multiple email addresses, but I don't know if you can mix these with the field elements like you@yoursite.com, {element_2}, joe@bloggstown.com, {element_3} (and so on.).

I tried the mix and match thing but it returned an error "email is not in the correct format" so it seems it expects "real" email addresses, not the field names.

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. teamwebb2008

Exactly. This makes it very difficult and tedious because the coaches want to know when the skater has signed up for their competition or testing events. Guess I'll keep looking to see if there is something else I can try.

Thanks for all your help. :)

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. Saghalie
    Pro Member

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want something like:

Skater A chooses event B - email goes to coach C.
    Skater B chooses event A - email goes to coach D. ?

The article I referenced earlier will help you with that. You just have to do a little digging to get the correct responses.

Can you show me the form that you are requiring them to fill out? Maybe I can get a better understanding of what you need and have a clearer answer for you.

You can email me at saghalie_at_beautiful-beginnings.org with further comments if you would like.

Saghalie
    Halo Wawa. Boison du Cafe

Posted 14 years ago #
  7. teamwebb2008

Sorry it took so long to get back with you. School and work makes it difficult some times. In any case, here is the link for the form: http://www.tfscnc.org/machform/view.php?id=5

The test chair and the coach will need to be notified of the skater's intent to test. The skater will obviously get an email response, but not knowing who their coach may be and their email address makes it virtually impossible to add an email field to the submission forms.

Posted 14 years ago #
  8. Hipnotik

I am looking for this exact same feature, the ability to email form results to multiple dynamic e-mail addresses based on fields within the form.

Posted 14 years ago #
  9. Hipnotik

Nevermind, refer to Redityo's post at the end of this thread for instructions on how to accomplish this.

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/multiple-email-notification?replies=5

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic