This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Emailing certain fields to different email recipients

1. deirdrehayes

HI there,

I have a requirement to email different fields ot different email addresses. Currently the form emails all fields to the person who created it . However, there may be 5-6 other email recipients who need to be emailed some of these fields ( not all of them). Is it possible to do this?

kind regards,

Deirdre

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. csamuel69

That would be a good feature request for logic.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. deirdrehayes

It would be great but I have managed to write a shell script to do it. Its a lot of coding which is a pain so it would be wonderful to have something similiar to the simple functionality of the forms.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. agdm619

This is already possible through email logic with the use of merge tags.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. williamansley

Yes, this is currently possible, as agdm619 says, using notification logic for emails. The key is creating one or more custom email templates; in the case of the task deirdrehayes want to perform, one custom template as well as the standard notification template. Logic is used to determine which template is sent out to which email addresses under which conditions. Don't use the standard notification feature at all.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. csamuel69

williamansley thank you for the helpful response as that will work well. I will have to add some fields to my form to get the logic to work but easy enough. Thanks again.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic