This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Emails Not Being Sent

1. benheitman

I've installed everything and created my form...but no emails are being sent. I thought it was something with my web host (Wired Tree) but here is their response:

--->
    Hello,

I looked into the ap_settings table in the database, it looks like there are some options there (smtp_enable, for example) that may need to be updated. I'm not sure precisely in the software how you would do this, or what exactly the settings here mean.

mysql> select smtp_enable, smtp_host, smtp_port, smtp_username, smtp_password, smtp_auth from ap_settings;
    +-------------+-----------+-----------+---------------+---------------+-----------+
    | smtp_enable | smtp_host | smtp_port | smtp_username | smtp_password | smtp_auth |
    +-------------+-----------+-----------+---------------+---------------+-----------+
    | 0 | localhost | 25 | | | 0 |

I believe local connections should work without a user/password or authentication, but the smtp_enable bit looks like it might need to be turned to 1 to use mail?

The only other indications of mail from this domain in the logs appear to be for Cron message notifications, and delivery failures to the root@host.netmanageit.com account.

Thanks!
    Dan

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. frankzobitz

Under Settings (top menu option), there is a place where you can configure your SMTP Server. Do you have anything set there?

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. benheitman

Nope! Thx for pointing me in the right direction.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic