This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Emails not coming through

1. webgineering

Once we fill in the forms and click submit, I am not receiving an email.

I have checked my spam folder also.

Why is this?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Some hosting companies require you to use SMTP server to send email. Try to configure your MachForm to use SMTP server.
    You can go to the Settings page and put your SMTP server detail there.

You might want to contact your hosting tech support if you aren't sure regarding the SMTP server details.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. chinuba

I am having same problems. Sometimes, the email comes through. Sometimes, it does not come through. The email is not blocked by ISP and when I want to use my own SMTP, i get this error when the clients submit:

Warning: stream_socket_client() [function.stream-socket-client]: unable to connect to (removed my mail server addy) (Connection refused) in /home/content/07/9902407/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php on line 271

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_TransportException' with message 'Connection could not be established with host (I removed my mail server)[Connection refused #111]' in /home/content/07/9902407/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:273 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/07/9902407/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php(66): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->_establishSocketConnection() #1 /home/content/07/9902407/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(116): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->initialize(Array) #2 /home/content/07/9902407/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Mailer.php(79): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start() #3 /home/content/07/9902407/html/machform/includes/helper-functions.php(759): Swift_Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message)) #4 /home/content/07/9902407/html/machform/includes/post-functions.php(2192): mf_send_notification(Object(PDO), 13734, 587, 'a083@cashstore....', Array) #5 /home/content/07 in /home/content/07/9902407/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php on line 273

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

chinuba -- the actual error message is "Connection refused". This mean your website server wasn't able to connect to the SMTP server. Either the SMTP server was having some temporary downtime or your website server is being blocked by the SMTP server.

I suggest to contact your hosting tech support and let them know, since this is server issue.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic