This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Embedding Code?

1. ness2u

Ok, I am no expert this is all new and I am not sure how to do this.

Instructions:
    1. Copy and paste the code into your webpage . where exactly?
    2. Publish the file on your server. -what does that mean. I need a little more explanation here.
    3. Adjust the height as needed - i guess i can figure this one once i can get step 1 and 2 sorted.

Im using Joomla. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. PHPWimp

There are a few things to consider if you are using Joomla:

1) Joomla has many available free plug-ins for forms, that are integrated with the Joomla platform. They may be easier to use.
    2) To use the AppNitro link, you will need to open a new HTML widget on Joomla, and paste the code in there. However, you may end up with problems doing this. Joomla uses standard PHP URL addressig to pass parameters to forms, as does AppNitro. If you override the Joomla navigation, your menuing may not work. I really don;t know, as I haven;t tested this.
    3) As far as publishing goes, you will need to FTP the AppNitro software to your server, and then install it as described in their documentation. How to FTP depends on your hosting provider. They are probably your best bet for support in getting the files to your server, but you will need access to the files for setup after you get the files to the server.

It may be a LOT easier to use a Joomla plug-in for your forms. I have moved away from Joomla, but it really is a great platform with a mostly point and click interface.

Good luck!

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. ness2u

Thanks for your reply. I have seen the Joomla plugins but they are not really presentable to prospect clients visiting a site which is why I ended up buying this - soo much prettier !! : )
    It would have been good to have this form embedded, but i see it won't be possible.

Thanks again for your prompt reply. Much appreciated.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. PHPWimp

Hold on! It may very well be possible.

Who are you hosting with? Contact the tech support for your hosting provider, and ask them how you go about installing software on their server. Or, take AppNitro up on their offer to install for you.

Then, try to put the embed code into a Joomla HTML box. That may work seemlessly.

I have to finish a form and get it out, but I will do a bit of Joomla playing when I am done and see if I can get you a better explanation.

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. Markstein

For Joomla, simply place the "Advanced Embed Code" into a php file and save it. Let's call it "myform.php". Then either create a mod_wrapper menu item or a create a mod_wrapper module and point myform.php.

In the parameters of the wrapper you can specify "Auto height". If your forms are on the same server as your joomla site then check yes and it will automatically set the height.

You then need to open up machform.php and find all instances of

top.location

(there are 12) and change them to

self.location

This will make your success message stop popping up in a new window.

Mark

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. ness2u

Thank you Mark for your instructions and thanks PHPwimp for your time. It is most appreciated !

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic