This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Enable Specific Dates on Calendar

1. quadrant2

I am trying to enable every 3rd tuesday of the month in the date picker / calendar.

or

I'd like to use a drop down menu with all the dates and then be able to disable the options once the dates are past.

any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

Under Date Field properties, you can disable past dates and you can specify dates you don't want selected.

In the form editor, click your Date Field. Go to the Date Field Properties.

1) Check Disable "All Past Dates" (from the dropdown list)
    2) Disable Weekend Dates
    3) Disable Specific dates. Here you put all the dates in MM/DD/YYYY format (comma separated list) except for the 3rd Tuesday of the month.

It's a bit of a chore, you have to either type them in by hand (except for the 3rd Tuesday) or point and click your mouse using the date picker, clicking each date in the date picker adds the date to exclude from selection in the front-end form to the list

See the example for a form I'm building below:
    For example: https://www.murraywebs.net/mf/view.php?id=28509

If you go to the date field, you can see (using the date picker) that only the 3rd Tuesday is available to select - the rest have the 'red dot' or are greyed out. If a user types in a date manually, when you click Continue or Submit as the case might be, you will get the validation error about the date being invalid.

I have only done this for the months of May and June so anything beyond is not yet selectable - you can do the above for as many months as you need to.

It would be nice to have the option so you can choose either, Enable or Disable SpecificDates. Currently it is only Disable Specific Dates.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. quadrant2

@AMurray,

Thanks for your response!

That helps!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic