This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

encoding issue with French characters

1. forestis

Hello,

1) I'm having a character issue (using French) in the customer email return.
    I'm on machform 2.1 and both Machform and my DB are set to unicode. Problem might come from the fact that I iframe my unicode form into a latin 1 website...

I haven't had such issue in the past tough using different set of characters in an iframe and the page.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue, any suggestions or workaround are welcome?

2) Can I localize the following error message: "Your session has been expired. Please click here to start again." when clicking on the back button after submitting the form?

Thanks

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

1) Hmm.. during the installation, MachForm will automatically set the CHARACTER SET of your tables to utf8.

Check all your machform tables character set and the database itself. Make sure to use utf8

Using different encoding for the iframe and your page shouldn't be a problem either.

2) Yes, edit confirm_embed.php and confirm.php, search around line 57. Sorry for this, it should be included with the language file.

If you still having difficulty, please let me know your machform login info and the URL to your page where you have your form. Send to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. forestis

1) Yes there are all in utf8...
    MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode
    MySQL connection collation: UTF8_Unicode_ci
    It actually seems to work for most of the people and I cannot replicate the probleme, it seems to be ok in outlook, my customer uses "Novell GroupWise" and they get characteres such as "Votre inscription a bien été enregistrée et nous vous en remercions."
    Any idea how I could "stabilize" the output, I actually get these characters when I look at the source of the email but in my case it gets properly rendered...

2) Thanks it worked!

I see that your support is as good as it was a year ago!

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

oh.. so the weird characters only happened within the email? which uses "Novel GroupWise"?

Have you tested using Gmail or Yahoo? Hows the result?

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic