This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Entry Info not in email

1. MXZRXP

Hi Guys, (ur doing great work!)

If I look at my submitted forms from the "Entries Screen" at the bottom I get "Entry Info." very helpful.

How do I get that same entry info to be added to my forms that are emailed? Right now it is left off...

Please advise-
    thanks!
    m

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

The "Notifications" documentation: http://www.appnitro.com/doc-notifications should have the information you need.

What information exactly are you currently getting in the emails?

To customise the email message yo have to use the template tags that represent the particular form fields, which automatically populate/merge when the email is sent.

To send all fields for a particular form the tag would be - in the emails section where you customise the message write it as it is shown, for example: {entry_data}, including the curly braces.

You can customise this further, and pick and choose individual fields to include in the email, or omit others, but depends on the fields you have in the form and what you want to include in the email.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. MXZRXP

{entry_data} does not include the "entry info" data but you got me going in the right direction.

under Email Content click "template variables" from there I was able to add date created, ip address, etc.

thanks!

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. zeograz

In Machform 3.3 the emails contain only fields which contain a value with {entry_data} default variable set.

How could I include even blank fields in the emails and corresponding labels, rather than the email just containing those fields which have been filled out?

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. wvanderklompssjlawcom

I would also like to know if it is possible to include the blank entries in the email.

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Saghalie
    Pro Member

You should be able to do this. By default only the {entry_data} is populated (as well as the subject). Click on whatever form, click emails and when the form comes up click on more options. You will see the whole form pop up with what data is going to be sent.

Look toward the bottom and you will see the link for "template variables". From there you can choose from a drop down list what data you want to be sent. Format the "email" how you want it to look. Selecting each variable in the drop down box shows you what the variable name is. So if you have Name, Address, phone number as fields; the drop down will have those PLUS the element name.

Example:
    Name: {element_1}
    Address: {element_2}
    Phone: {element_3}

You can add those to the email message and if nothing is put in to one of them, then the field will be blank.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic