This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Error Editing Submissions

1. sjones

Hello:
    I am going into Form Manager, Entries and selecting an entry (due to a spelling error that I want to correct).
    I select the looking glass beside that particular entry. When the info opens up, I click on the edit button, make the corrections and save.

If the form includes a checkbox element and all the checkboxes had been selected by the person filling out the form, everything works fine.

If the person did not select every checkbox within that particular element, and I make a correction to any other element and press save, I get a white screen with a string of data at the top.
    Example below, I have modified the personal information so it is not real:

UPDATE ap_form_3 set element_1_1='test',element_1_2='user',element_2='tuser@mydomain.ca',element_3_1='3816 hwy 177 e',element_3_2='',element_3_3='wawa',element_3_4='on',element_3_5='p0m5w0',element_3_6='Canada',element_4_1='1',element_4_2='1',element_4_3='1',element_4_4='',date_updated='2009-11-27 00:19:43' where id='408'; Query failed: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'element_4_4' at row 1

Please advise.
    Thank you.
    Steve

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. redityo

Hi Steve,

This error sometimes happened due to your mysql setting, however to fix it try to edit your "includes/post-functions.php" and go to around line 1777, you 'll see this code :

foreach ($all_child_array as $i){

then put these code exactly bellow that line

if ($user_input[$base_element_name.$i] == "") {
    	$user_input[$base_element_name.$i] = '0';
    }

MachForm Support

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. sjones

Thank you redityo, it worked like a charm.

Steve

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. jcadmin

I am experiencing the same problem. The solution had already been implemented in my code so that's not solving it for me.

We cannot make changes to mysql to modify the strict mode. We have many applications using it.

I did submit a bug report (Bug Report [#539] {26878}) in March. It did not solve the issue for us.

Do you have any other ideas/suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Please disregard!!!

I applied the fix in a different location within the file and I now have editable fields!

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic