This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

[closed] Error Message Positioning

1. workbench

I have a very long job application form with required fields. The problem is if the user doesn't fill out a required field, after the user hits the submit button often they do not know why the form is not going through.

The error message indicating that they are missing a required field is displayed at the top of the form; meaning that the user must scroll to the top before they realize there is even an error. The user just keeps pressing the submit button over and over again, because as far as they see, nothings wrong.

How can i move the error message to the bottom, either above or below the submit button? That way the user will see the resulting error message immediately.

I think this should also be classified as an "improvement". I can't really imagine any scenario which it is beneficial to have the error message at the top of the form, seeing as with different resolutions, screen sizes, etc. it's not very user friendly to have the user search/scroll around to find it....

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

That's indeed some sort of annoyance. You might want to check this post for a fix:

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/go-to-top-of-page-after-submit?replies=2#post-90

That way the user will see the resulting error message immediately.
    Sorry for this annoyance.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. workbench

Perfect..

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Great :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.