This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Error sending email! Warning: Cannot modify header information

1. he4gaveme

I have installed and everything went well. I made my first form and email notifications are going as expected. Started on next form and I get the following error but the email notification goes thru - the form is set to review before submitting and only display the standard text success page. The difference between the two forms? The first is multi page and the second is only one page.

Error sending email!
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/forms/includes/helper-functions.php:565) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/forms/confirm.php on line 40

I have tried to refresh both of the mentioned php files with the downloaded original on this new installation. No luck on this second form - how do I get rid of the error?

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. he4gaveme

Also, even though I have the reply name set to custom, I get a random number as the name instead and its the same number every time. These are on the copies coming to me, not the recipient.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. he4gaveme

Has anyone had a successful form submission for version 3 yet???? I expected this version to be much more stable at this point. Please, if anyone knows what I can do to fix this. I have tried reinstalls and not getting anywhere.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. he4gaveme

This is the latest error after trying to start from scratch:

Error sending email!Error sending email!
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xx/public_html/eforms/includes/helper-functions.php:565) in /home/xx/public_html/eforms/view.php on line 65

The entries seem to make it to the form. I pull one up and try to email it to myself and I get this popup error:

Error! Unable to send entry.
    Error message: Error sending email!{"status" : "ok"}

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. he4gaveme

*** UPDATE ***

I discovered if I attempted to use the no-reply on the email notifications it did NOT work and caused the errors. If a field from the form is used or a custom entry is made, then the form works fine.

Also, if you're sending copies to more than one email for the notifications, do not put a space after the comma. It should be email.com,email.com

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. yuniar

We've just found out a bug regarding email notifications which affect certain servers. The bug caused notification email not being sent if the "From Email Address" is non-existent (such as "no-reply@domain.com").

A fix has been made and we'll release it as part of minor update release (along with several other bugfixes) within the next few days.
    If anyone need the fix for this particular case immediately, please contact us directly. We'll send you the fix for this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. HoughtonCR

Hi Guys

I have got this error with all the forms since I upgraded the site to 3.1 - they used to work fine on v2.

I have tried to eliminate the non-existant email addresses but I still get:

Error! Unable to send entry.
    Error message:

When trying to submit the emails.

Does anyone have an answer please?

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. yuniar

HoughtonCR -- Version 3.1 should have fixed the issues above.

Are you sure yo have updated your files with v3.1? Particularly the "MailTransport.php" file.
    Also is it possible for us to login to your MachForm and check this further?

Please contact us directly and let us know the login info.
    We'll help you fixing this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. JoeK

I just upgraded to 3.1 last night and am having this same problem. "Error! Unable to send entry". Here is what I checked so far:

1) Verified the MailTransport.php file had been updated.
    2) Verified that the webserver can send emails using sendmail.
    3) Tried sending the email via SMTP using authentication and no authentication.
    4) Tried multiple SMTP servers to see if there is an issue there.
    5) Tried withouth setting SMTP.

And it still doesn't work. I am out of ideas. Any idea for me to try to continue troubleshooting, logs, etc?

Thanks.

Joe

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. JoeK

I figured out my issue. Hopefully this will help someone else.

I looked in the error.log file and saw the following error:

'Failed to create cache directory ./data/form_1/files/4f8b3999dcae5'

I changed the permissions on the data directory using "chmod -Rf 777 data" and that corrected the issue.

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. ROYW1000

Hi

Where should I find this MailTransport.php on version 3.1 as upgraded from 2 and cannot find it and have same issue as above.

Roy

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. yuniar

It should be here: machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/MailTransport.php

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. duanejoseph

If it helps anyone, this error was removed from my forms by de-selecting "Use SMTP server to send emails" in the Setting page... Dont understand how it works, but it still send mail.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic