This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Error sending email!Error sending email!

1. catheym

Similar to what others are having but once I submit a form, the error:

Comes up. I have tried a multitude of different actions, SMTP emails, gmail and other servers, nothing is working. This began earlier with V2 and I updated, but this is ridiculous.

Please answer ASAP, as we are losing customers.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Panort

This is what I did to finally get it to work. On the e-mail settings-send confirmation to email to user, I clicked on more options and made sure "email" was showing in user email address and also that "email" was showing in from e-mail address. What was in that box(-From e-mail address) before I changed it was -"no reply @ my domain.com. for some reason that was causing the error

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. yuniar

We've just found out a bug regarding email notifications which affect certain servers. The bug caused notification email not being sent if the "From Email Address" is non-existent (such as "no-reply@domain.com").

A fix has been made and we'll release it as part of minor update release (along with several other bugfixes) within the next few days.
    If anyone need the fix for this particular case immediately, please contact us directly. We'll send you the fix for this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. avalon

Hi Yuniar,

I am now getting the Error sending email!Error sending email! error on two of my forms - what is odd is that I have 3.5 version of your software, it has been working perfectly up until a few days ago. The email is a valid myname@bellsouth.net email address not no-reply as suggested as the issue. I don't know what else to try. It has been unchanged for months I don't want to try SMTP since the other form seems to be working with all other clients, just not these two...

Here are the forms:
    http://www.becknerfeatherduster.com/products/
    http://www.becknerfeatherduster.com/contact/

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Jon

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. avalon

Hi Yuniar!

Problem solved:

One of our email addresses had been compromised and was sending spam so our outbound mail server was temporarily suspended as a security precaution. Security was reestablished and now everything that uses the outbound mail server has been reactivated.

Good to know! And possibly an additional solution for others to consider if they are experiencing the same issue. Especially if they manage multiple accounts.

Thanks!
    Jon

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. sthernbelle

Hello I keep received an email sending error when my forms are submitted. Can you walk me through the notifications setting process. I must be missing something.

Thank you

Carrie

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. gymo

The same for me. When I try to send form I received error massage:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /..../includes/helper-functions.php:1078) in /..../confirm.php on line 47

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. teacherdavids

Hi, am getting this error when MachForm is attempting to send a confirmation email from my "Contact Me" form.
    Error sending email: The following From address failed: no-reply@mydomain.comError sending email: The following From address failed: no-reply@mydomain.com

Any suggestions? Thanks. --David

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. teacherdavids

SOLVED! Got some time today to do a little more research and solved the problem. Gotta make sure setting in the machform/config.php file are correct. Make sure the SMTP and other settings are ALL set correctly. Check and double check, especially if you have trouble with your eyesight like I do. :)

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic