This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

error when trying to use an "expired" resume form link

1. adrianic

Okay, so I'm testing out the different functionality of MachForm. I seem to have run into an issue. I create a form that lets users "save and resume later". When they use the link the first time it works fine. Then they hit "save and resume later" again, and they get a new unique link. When they go to the original "resume" link, I get the following:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in **/includes/view-functions.php on line 3885
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at **includes/view-functions.php:3885) in **/view.php on line 119
    Countdown to SPI 2012 e-Newsletter | Submit Content

Is that supposed to happen? I removed the full path and replaced with *s in this post because I don't want everyone to know the exact path of the form, but for security purposes I don't want customers to get this error either (at least not with full paths showing, for security purposes). Also, resume link brings them to a MachForm branded page, I don't want MachForm to show up anywhere (can I edit the "resume" form code to remove MachForm graphic at the top?)

Any help?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I can replicate that problem.

I would assume the old link would no longer be valid and is intended for a "use once" scenario since the system will email / advise the user of the new temporary URL to use every time they save it. It doesn't sound like it saves it using the original temporary URL and a new one would be used and issued each time.

Yuniar, on the above note, could you put a message on the "saved" page, where the URL is notified, something like:

"Please note: this URL is temporary and can only be used once. When you return to the form and resave the data this URL will expire and will no longer be available. Saving the form each time will notify you of a new URL which will also be sent to your email".

On the error page noted by adrianic, if someone does attempt to use the same URL again, could you put a proper error/popup/lightbox to say:

"This URL has expired and is no longer valid"

(or to that effect)?

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Thank you for reporting this. The expired link shouldn't be working any longer and should display proper "expired" message instead of the above cryptic "Warning" messages.
    We've put this into our bug report list and will get this fixed.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. adrianic

Is there a good reason why resume links are unique to every save, though? Can't a resume link stay the same, and only expire when the user submits the form successfully? I would rather have it work that way, because for my use (we use it as a content submission form), we want to let clients from the same company resume the form for their co-worker if someone else has to take over in the process, and having one static resume link until final submission would be easier than people having to pass around unique links back and forth. Does that make sense?

If you decide to keep resume links unique for every save, can you please add language to the expiration message (or let me edit the language of the expiration message in the admin) to say something like "This resume link has expired. If you were given this resume link by someone else, and the form was saved again, a new resume link was generated. Please get the most current resume link from the last person who updated and saved this form on your behalf."

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. adrianic

Also, on the second part of my question, how do I remove the "MachForm" title of Resume pages? When I go to a resume link, it should either let me choose the title, or be completely unbranded (no reference to MachForm). I already checked "remove powered by MachForm" in the admin, that didn't fix it for Resume links.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. yuniar

That's actually a very good point there. There was no particular reason for having different resume link each time a progress from previous session is being saved. It was just technically easier and simple.

Considering the above issues you mentioned, it is make sense to have static resume link until final submission. Thank you for this.
    I've made some changes to the code to generate the static resume link for each progress being saved. This will be included within the next update.

If you need the code right now, please contact me directly and I'll send you the files.
    http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Regarding your second question, it seems your form is still using the default theme (which uses MachForm logo). Simply create a new theme and use your own logo or disable the logo completely. Then assign the theme to your form.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. adrianic

In regards to the theme, that fixed it! I will contact you regarding the code update. Thanks for the help and quick response/fixes! I appreciate it!

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. yuniar

I haven't received your message. Have you contacted us?

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic