This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Error while creating forms

1. SimoneV

I am trying to create a form, but I get an error that says it is an "SQL" error. On replicating this it always seems to happen when I get to a certain length of document - my form is currently 180 fields. I have tried to get support BUT my website provider will not give the FTP details out.

Error while saving. Error Message: SQL:[76] ALTER TABLEap_form_20782_reviewADD COLUMNsession_idvarchar(128) NULL
    Params: 0
    Query Failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can’t create table ThoconForms.#sql-1138_6245c7 (errno: 139)

Any suggestions?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Saghalie
    Pro Member

What it looks like is happening is that you don't have permissions to ALTER tables in this SQL server. It also looks like you are passing a NULL value to a table column that is NOT NULL (so you can't have NULL values).

So while you are trying to add data to the new table, this error is telling you that you need to drop the table and recreate the table and for some reason you do not have the permissions to do that.

I would stop using MSSQL and create a new database with MySQL. Although this is a bit extreme.

You could try and get the provider to give you higher permissions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. SimoneV

I still can't get any help... they suggested that we change from MySQL to MYISAM. I have recreated all the forms from scratch but there seems to be no logic to it not working. We have had this package since mid november and it has not worked for 1/2 the time.

I can have a form working fine but add a small text field and it stops working. Once it stops you can not just delete a few fields because it says the same error. You don't know that there is a problem until you save it and once you save that version is "corrupt". You have to start from the last working copy therefore everytime you make a change you have to save, duplicate etc etc.

My IT people have tried to contact support but there has been no response

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic