This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Export To Google Docs

1. branson123

Hey,
    Ok so firstly im a front end designer not developer so stop me if im talking rubbish.

Is it possible to incorporate the google spreadsheet API into the form to get the results to post straight to a Google Docs Sheet?

Many thanks
    Bri

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Technically speaking, it is possible to do so. However, the details might require some effort.
    Basically you can plug any additional code into machform form processing function.

The file need to be modified is "includes/post-functions.php" file. You'll find a function called "process_form" there.
    You can put any custom code at the end of that function.

To give you some example, here is modification by other machform user:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-mailchimp-integration-via-mailchimp-api?replies=7

it's not Google Docs, but the process is similar as above.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. danielmee

Hello Yuniar, this reply is over three years old and I was wondering if it's still the answer?

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

@danielmee: I'm sure that the solution presented in the message linked to above is completely out of date by now, although I admit I haven't even looked at it; however the Machform code has change a lot since then. It may now be possible to do what you want by using the new webhook feature, without modifying any Machform code.

http://www.appnitro.com/blog-webhook-api-integration

However, I can't help you with this, assuming it's possible.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. he4gaveme

I'm happy to report that I have tested out using Zapier and successfully send Machform data to a Google spreadsheet! It took a few times to get all the fields to populate in Zapier so I could match them from the form, but it worked very well. I didnt use the 'send raw data' because I didn't know the code to put there. So I opted to match the fields and select them.

Hope that helps others! I know this is going to be a great addition to my workflow - it gives instant access to form submissions to people vs. waiting for the final spreadsheet when a form closes.

Note - Initial testing showed that I could manually add a record (row) in the Google Spreadsheet and then the next new from submission was simply placed in the last available row.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. andrewwilson

he4gaveme, can you provide some direction on how you did that? I'm tired of copy and pasting in google every day ;)

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. andrewwilson

oh i figured it out... that is pretty darn handy, wish I knew this a long time ago!

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic