This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Fatal error - Connection to localhost:25 (SMTP)

1. ausbill32

Hello, our MachForm v3.3 instance is hosted on NetworkSolutions. Everything including email was working fine till yesterday and then all the sudden we started seeing this error below. We are still able to receive, we just get the error. I've tried about 20 different combinations of settings which NetworkSolutions gave me and none of those worked. I was hoping someone could maybe logon remotely and take a look or provide a recommendation.

Current settings:
    SMTP Server: localhost
    Use Authentication: No
    Use TLS/SSL: No
    email@domain.com
    password for email@domain.com
    SMTP Port: 25

I've tried mail.domain.com, I've tried smtp.domain.com, port 2525, port 587, etc.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_IoException' with message 'Connection to localhost:25 Timed Out' in /data/15/1/7/126/1822778/user/1976291/htdocs/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:182 Stack trace: #0 /data/15/1/7/126/1822778/user/1976291/htdocs/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(437): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->readLine(7) #1 /data/15/1/7/126/1822778/user/1976291/htdocs/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(300): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->_getFullResponse(7) #2 /data/15/1/7/126/1822778/user/1976291/htdocs/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(210): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->executeCommand('??.??', Array, Array) #3 /data/15/1/7/126/1822778/user/1976291/htdocs/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(361): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->executeCommand('??.??', Array) #4 /data/15/1/7/126/1822778/user/1976291/htdocs in /data/15/1/7/126/1822778/user/1976291/htdocs/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php on line 182

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. ausbill32

I've also turned off SMTP to test php mail and that didn't work either.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Based on the error message:
    Connection to localhost:25 Timed Out

It seems your website server is having problem connecting to the SMTP server.
    Either the SMTP server is down or your website server is having some connection issue to the SMTP server.

I suggest to contact your hosting tech support and let them know, since this is server issue.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. ausbill32

What file stores the SMTP settings in the 3.3 version of machforms?

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. ausbill32

I looked in the config.php and there was no SMTP information there.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. toddbuchanan

I am having the exact same issue with Network Solutions account....my e-mails do eventually go through but I get the same error message on a page....I'm on version 3.4...

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. ausbill32

Hey Todd, sorry you are having this same problem too. Every once in a while, it work correctly but 9/10 times I get that error message. I've tried every combination of mail.domain.com and smtp.domain.com. When I enable authentication, I don't believe it's actually logging on to the mail account and I think that is the problem.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. ausbill32

Hey Todd,

I found this link unfortunetly, it didn't solve the problem. http://www.networksolutions.com/support/pop-imap-settings/

I've kept my current configuration settings but it think it's working now. I added a field on my test form for "email" which will allow me to enter in a valid email address to send the form information too. Then under the "Emails" tab, I enabled "Send Conformation Email to User" and selected "Email", then click advanced setting and then select your NetworkSolutions email account as the sendor in the section "From Email Address" . Now, save all your settings and go test your form. When you preview your form, you'll need to enter in a valid email address to send the form too and it seems to work.

Current settings:
    SMTP Server: localhost
    Use Authentication: No
    Use TLS/SSL: No
    email@domain.com
    password for email@domain.com
    SMTP Port: 25

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. ausbill32

I'd still like to get the authentication to " smtp.domain.com "piece to work so if there is a script that is available for me to run so I can test, I'd like to see it.

Tank you

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. toddbuchanan

OK since I have enabled my form to be connected to a PayPal checkout, it seems to be forwarding to the Paypal page now and it is sending the e-mails ...I wonder if my problem was getting time-outs because the Paypal page didn't load in time...

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic