This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Fatal error: uncaught exception

1. MattShepherd

I'm now getting this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_TransportException' with message 'Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "sawbuckvoiceover" using 3 possible authenticators' in /home/mattshepherd/webapps/sawbuckvoiceover/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/Esmtp/AuthHandler.php:176 Stack trace: #0 /home/mattshepherd/webapps/sawbuckvoiceover/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(265): Swift_Transport_Esmtp_AuthHandler->afterEhlo(Object(Swift_SmtpTransport)) #1 /home/mattshepherd/webapps/sawbuckvoiceover/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(123): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->_doHeloCommand() #2 /home/mattshepherd/webapps/sawbuckvoiceover/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Mailer.php(79): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start() #3 /home/mattshepherd/webapps/sawbuckvoiceover/machform/includes/helper-functions.php(1088): Swift_Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message)) #4 /home/mattshepherd/webapps/sawbuckvoiceover/machform/includes/ in /home/mattshepherd/webapps/sawbuckvoiceover/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/Esmtp/AuthHandler.php on line 176

The form has worked in the past, and I don't know why it's stopped working now.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. MattShepherd

I'm on MachForm 3.5. Confirmed all settings for the SMTP sending, so I'm not sure what's up.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Based on the error message "Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "sawbuckvoiceover" using 3 possible authenticators" -- it looks like you have incorrect SMTP credentials.

You might want to try reset the SMTP password. Also make sure to double check the username, usually it's an email address.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. maudib

out of the blue I'm getting the same error.. I'm using 4.2.. my PHP is up to date, as well

you need to give MORE insight to what the problem might be as I'm MORE THAN SURE my credentials are correct

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Saghalie
    Pro Member

Check your port settings. TLS/SSL has changed ports - I think it's 587 or something like that. Happened to me too, when I changed the port it all worked fine.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic