This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Feature request

1. finger123

It would be nice to have the ability to calculate fields just by number fields. so instead of having to have drop downs and matrix boxes, by just having number text fields and then having those fields calculate would be great. I don't see that being hard to do since calculation is already available but only for drop down fields.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

As Number field is not an available choice and it says this outright in the Payment options screen), use the Price field type instead. You can still use the "variable price" (where user enters the amount) and this adds up on screen in real time.

Try it and see. put price fields in your form, then set up the Payment screen with "variable price" in "Step 3 - Define Prices" and from the drop down in the green panel, choose Variable Amount. when you view the form, you can enter the values, and it will add it up like you're asking.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. finger123

that would work, except I need the total field in a specific box that I create instead of it just displaying on the bottom right hand corner. so this wouldn't work.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic