This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Feature request: add ability to lock a field

1. williamansley

I would like the option added to Machform to lock a field. By this I mean that a value could be entered in the field that a user could not alter in any way. The issue I am trying to address is this: we have a Machform form that collects data that is processed by other programs. For this to work, a "tracking code" field has been added to the form that must contain a specific value. This field has been given that value as a default and has been hidden using the "hidden" Custom CSS class. This has worked fine until just recently, but a form came in with the "tracking code" field blank and this caused big problems with our post-processing scripts.

The only way we can imagine this happened is that a user accessed the form using a browser that didn't apply the CSS to the form properly and they saw the tracking field, didn't know what it was, and just decided to delete the value. It would be very helpful to us if we could lock fields like this to make sure this can't happen in the future. I'm sure this would be useful to other people as well; anyone who would like to have this feature, please chime in if you agree.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. erzon

maybe you can try to set that field can be seen by the admin only..

or set a logic that it needs to be hidden..

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. williamansley

Neither of those options will work for me. I am not using Machform 3.4 yet and can't upgrade for a while. The field needs to have a default value and admin fields cannot have default values.

I will add to my request that I would I would also like the option to make Machform fields programmatically hidden in a way that doesn't depend on CSS. This should be a separate option, so fields could be made just locked, just programmatically hidden, both or neither.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic