This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Feature Request - Better Error Notification

1. josmi

I had a user contact me recently with this email regarding one of my forms:

"I fill in all the fields correctly, but when I hit "Submit" nothing happens. I hit it again and again and nothing."

It's a very long form, and the user has to scroll down quite a ways before they see the Submit button. It turns out that one of the Required Fields was empty, but it was high up on the form and was not visible on the screen. So the user thinks the form is broken.

My feature request (and I hope it's in the next version) is that when a Required Field is empty, the user is notified of the error by a pop up box, or some kind of instantly viewable message, and that they don't have to scroll up to the missing field before they can see the error.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Thank you for the feedback on this. Within version 3, there are few ways to eliminate or reduce this issue.

1) Use the PHP embed code or PHP file to display your form. This would remove the problem completely, since the page will automatically displayed from the top, so there is no need to scroll.

2) Split your large form into multiple pages, so that you have smaller forms.

We'll be looking for another alternative to automatically scroll the page into the top using javascript embed code. Thank you for the idea on this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. josmi

Thanks Yuniar. My user wrote back and said she tested the form a number of times and confirmed that all of the fields were entered correctly and that she scrolled up and there was no error message. So she is convinced that it is not a problem with an entry error or missing a required field.

However, the form seems to work for me and for others who have tested it.

Have you heard of other situations where the Submit button would not work? Do you have suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this issue for her?

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. yuniar

What browser did you client use? If possible, try to ask her to test one more time using another browser.
    I suggest Firefox or Google Chrome.

If she found error, it would be very helpful if she could take a screenshot of her browser.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic