This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

[FEATURE REQUEST] Customization

1. maudib

I love the ability to limit the number of submissions to a particular form; but, I think it would be even more useful if we were able to customize the "no more submissions to this form" message, (without having to manipulate the code).

Hoping this is fairly easy to implement.
    Thanks

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

You can already customise the disabled form message: You need at least V 3.5 for this feature.

From FORM MANAGER

Click "|| Disable" button (far right under each form's menu option items).

A dialogue opens "Please enter a message" so you can write your disabled form message. Click "Yes Disable this form".

Returning to FORM MANAGER the "|| Disable" button should have changed to "> Enable"

Click this button again, but on the message dialogue click cancel immediately.

This will then mean your form is active, until the entry limit is reached, and say limit to 2, then enter record 1, record 2. If you then attempt to enter record 3, you will receive the disabled form message.

Unfortunately, you can't make the disabled form messages custom for each scenario where you might need the disabled form. e.g. Limit of
    Entries, or disable after a certain date etc but that could possibly be a future development and be done with a modified conditional logic type of thing.

See http://www.appnitro.com/blog-several-improvements-v35 and scroll down to the Custom Inactive Form message section.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. maudib

Thanks for the input, but you're off the mark.

After pontificating all that irrelevant information; you wound up telling me that I can't do what I am asking the programmers to UPGRADE to allow for. :)

Thanks

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic