This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Feature request: disable all but future dates

1. williamansley

I was hoping the new relative date feature in the date selector would allow me to create a form that would provide specific functionality one of my colleagues is requesting: the ability to force the person filling out the form to choose only from future dates. To be more specific, the form is for people to request that a publication be printed, and he would like to force the requester to choose a date at least two weeks in the future. As far as I can see, this isn't possible with current minimum/maximum relative date restriction; the minimum date can only be set in the past. I even tried putting a negative number in the minimum date field, but this just causes general weirdness in the date picker (all the dates are disabled, the month name and month/year drop-down menus disappear, etc.).

If this is possible and I am just missing how to do it, I would appreciate any help I can get with this. If it can't be done, then please add this as a feature in a future version of Machform. It seems to me it is a common need and it seems as if this would be a simple extension to the current functionality, so I hope it can be part of a near future update.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Currently, it's only possible to put positive number into the minimum/maximum relative date restriction.
    However, I agree that it's perfectly make sense to allow negative number to achieve the restriction you described.

I've made some adjustments, to allow you to enter 0 or negative number into the relative date restriction, so that it will be possible for you to set the minimum date to be a future date. This will be included as part of the next update.

If you need it right now, please contact me directly and I'll send you the updated files for this.
    Thanks!

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. williamansley

This is fantastic! Thanks! Yes, I will be contacting you shortly. In the final version of this new feature, I would like to have the ability to set both the minimum and maximum dates to be in the past or the future. In the long run, it will be better to change the interface; perhaps a drop-down menu after the numbers fields below "Minimum Date:" and "Maximum Date:" that allow "days ago" or "days ahead" to be selected. This would be much less confusing than using negative numbers, especially if they could be used in both fields. But I'm sure you have already though of this.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

A warning for anyone else who may have gotten the patched files referred to above from Appnitro. I just discovered that have a bug that causes any form that has a date field that disables all past or all future dates to actually restrict the date selected to only the current day. This applies to the initial version I got from Yuniar, at least.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic