This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Feature Request: Form Name

1. mhouellemont

MachForm currently uses the Form Title as the “form name” in Form Manager. I often have several versions of the same form and it would be nice to be able to name them differently so I can easily identify and organize (sort) them in the form manager.

i.e.
    Contact Form (blue line on bottom)
    Contact Form (Without disclaimer)
    Contact Form (for new project)

I know I can hide the form title and then add a text field to be used as the Title, however I strongly feel that form name and form title should be different fields.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. williamansley

I am assuming that, in your example, the form title for all three form is "Contact Form". I strongly support your request as well. The "form name" field can be put in the "Form Properties" tab, under "show more options" If it is left blank, the form title should automatically be used as the form name; that way, the current behavior of Machform will be retained for those users who don't need this feature (they won't even need to know it is there), but it will be available to people who want it, with only a little extra effort.

Having this option will provide some welcome flexibility in managing large numbers of forms.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. yuniar

In case you guys didn't notice this already, MachForm actually allows you to tag each of your form. So if you have multiple forms with the same title, simply add a tag to each of your form with different tag name. Click the small "add tag" icon on the right corner of your form list.

Here is a sample screenshot of several forms with different tag:
    http://i.imgur.com/nsXVr.jpg

You will be able to easily sort or search your form by tag name as well.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. mhouellemont

Great. That works for me!

Thanks Yuniar.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. williamansley

I am aware of the tags feature and have used it to "group" sets of forms, but I didn't think of using it to distinguish between forms with similar or identical titles. An excellent tip!

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. katherinewatson

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic