This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

[FEATURE REQUEST] Include cancellation link in confirmation email

1. jhinkle

I'm not sure how difficult this would be to code, but it would be awesome to be able to check a box that will include a cancellation link in the confirmation email the user gets after submitting a form. For instance, if someone registered for an event and couldn't end up going. Currently, they have to email someone and then one of us has to find their entry and delete it. Including a cancellation link in the confirmation email would solve this issue and save everyone involved a lot of time and frustration.

Thanks for considering!

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. jhinkle

Is there any interest from anyone else on this request?

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. williamansley

I would be interested in a more general version of this idea: an option to send a link to people who submit the form. in the receipt email or a separate email, that would allow them to go back and edit the form. This would be similar to the link generated by the "Save and Resume" feature, but the form would not be marked as incomplete. For this to work there would have to be some additional options added to Machform:

* A per-form option to activate this feature.
    * A per-field option to control which fields could be edited after submission by the user.
    * An option to send a notification email when a user "re-submitted" a form.
    * A per-form option to turn off the users' ability to edit the form after submission. In additional to a manual option to do this, it would also be nice to be able to do this with a scheduler, at a certain date, after a certain amount of time had passed after submission, or after a certain number of edits (that is, the user could only go back to the form and change it once, or five times, etc.).

It would also be nice to have fields that only showed up if the user used the link to go back and edit the form after submission. With this feature and the others above, it seems to me that you could easily implement a cancellation link. Create a field to allow the user to cancel that only shows up when the user goes back to edit the form and make that the only editable field. You would still have to delete the cancelled entries manually, but they would be easy to find, or you could just filter them out.

Some additional options I would like to see if this feature is added:

* A way to view all the entries that had been accessed for editing after submission by the end user, even if they hadn't made any changes.
    * Ideally, all of the versions of the editable entries for each submission of the form would be save and could be viewed.

(If I am asking for the moon, I may as well ask for the rest of the solar system along with it, right?)

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic