This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Feature request: individual assignment of themes and changing default theme

1. williamansley

I would very much like to see the ability to make a theme other than White the default. Specifically I would like to have the ability to make a user-created theme the default, so I could change the default theme without having to change baseline code.

I would also like the ability to select which themes each Machform user could see (on a "per user" basis). This would affect which themes a user could assign to his/her forms and which themes they could edit, if they have the ability to create and edit their own themes. I would also like to be able to change the default theme on a per user basis.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Ability to assign permissions to themes (similar as forms) was actually exist on our initial design. We removed it to make things simple and easier to the users and to focus on the most important part, which is forms.

However, we're open for any feedbacks. If anybody else have any opinions on this, please feel free to let us know.

Regarding the feature to assign a custom theme as a default theme, this is a good idea. Thank you!

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. williamansley

Simplicity is great, but so is flexibility. If you are worried about making the Machform interface too complicated, you could make the "4. Edit Theme Permissions" section, which would need to be added to the "Users Manager" window, optional. In fact, you could also make the "3. Edit Permissions" optional, as well. (I would suggest it be renamed "3. Edit Form Permissions", if you do add the ability to assign theme permissions to Machform. Actually, if you do follow my suggestion to make these sections optional, you will either have to update the section numbers on the fly or drop them altogether.

You could make these sections collapsible, or allow then to be revealed with a button or check box in the "Users Manager" window or hide the configuration controls that determine which of these sections appears on a separate settings page.

Personally, I don't think that adding a permanent fourth section to the "Users Manager" window, for theme permissions, would be much of an inconvenience, but perhaps that's just because I want this feature. 8->

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. bjose

I believe the ability to easily make a custom theme as the default theme is very important, especially in an enterprise setting where you create a theme with your company branding, and you want all other users to use that theme by default on all the forms they create.
    Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. chrishawkins

@williamansley, how many users do you have. Im currently running with 8, and have about 6 themes. Ive found just not sharing some of the themes gives me enough control over the ones I want to keep for myself to use.

I guess more granular control on the user side wouldn't be a bad thing however.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. williamansley

@chrishawkins: I work at a community college in New York State (USA) and we currently have 28 users in Machform, but the potential upper limit could be hundreds of users, if we decide to adopt Machform more fully. There are currently several missing features that may cause us to use Machform on a very limited to moderately limited basis or abandon it altogether, but if we ever open up Machform accounts to everyone who might want one here, being able to manage theme permissions on a user-by-user basis would be very helpful.

@yuniar: When you first responded to my original message about a year ago, you said, "Regarding the feature to assign a custom theme as a default theme, this is a good idea. Thank you!" Are you definitely going to be adding this feature? It is one of the "missing features" I refer to that is preventing us from making more widespread use of Machform. If so, can you give us an estimate of when it might be added? Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. yuniar

As usual, we won't be able to promise you any estimate on the release date but this feature is already within our todo list for a while indeed.
    The only reason we haven't implement this yet is there are other feature requests that we believe more urgent to be done.

I know this might be frustrating for some users but we need to implement important features first.
    Sorry for waiting so long and thank you for your understanding!

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic